Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Melody...

What is it about music that is so striking? How does it have the power to make us cry or laugh, to dance and sing? A simple song can take us back in time to when we first heard it, who we were with, what we were doing....And how? What is it about songs like Don't Stop Believing that makes everyone want to get up dance? What is it, that when your on a bus full of friends, that makes you want to scream along to Break Even or LoveSong? Music, in my opinion, is right up there on the list of Awesome Stuff, including chocolate and summertime :)
So, naturally of course, for my quotes, I think I'll put down some song lyrics....
"All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you," -Taylor Swift
"Head under water and they tell, To breathe easy for I while, The breathing gets harder, Even I know That." -Sara Bareilles
"Wake up on your own
And look around you cause you’re not alone
Release your high hopes and they’ll survive
Cause this is the future and you are alive." -Owl City
And many many other wonderful songs :)

1 comment:

  1. Bus rides with the youth group are awesome. =) I'm glad you posted about that!!! It brings back memories even though it just happened...lol

    ReplyDelete